Site Selection magazine has named AEP one of the nation’s Top Utilities in Economic Development.
Every year, Site Selection evaluates utilities’ corporate project investment and job creation on a cumulative and per-capita basis. AEP is one of 20 companies to receive recognition.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized once again by Site Selection for bringing growth and valuable jobs to our service territory,” said Mark James, vice president of Sales, Economic and Business Development. “Our economic development programs are a reflection of AEP’s commitment to delivering more than energy to our customers. We’ll continue to work with businesses to meet their strategic goals, while also partnering with our communities to create new economic opportunities.”
In 2019, AEP’s economic and business development team helped attract more than $4.1 billion in capital investments and 8,636 jobs in the company’s 11-state territory. In addition to the team’s 89 expansion or new location projects, highlights of AEP’s work in 2019 include:
- Continued investment in its shovel-ready Quality Sites inventory
- Availability of economic development rider incentive rates in nine AEP states
- Expansion of certified AEROreadyTM counties within its service territory to more than 30 to attract the aviation and aerospace industries
- Creation of the West Virginia Advantage Plan, which allocates $3.4 million for site readiness projects, small business training and other economic development strategies to support and revitalize the company’s Appalachian service territory
- The transfer of 2,000 acres of land at the Inola River-Rail site to the Tulsa-Rogers County Port Authority for economic development by our operating utility in Oklahoma (Public Service Company of Oklahoma)
- Facilitation and infrastructure support for large-scale data center growth in central Ohio
As an energy company, we can bring unique expertise to your location or expansion project. Read our Site Selection with a Utility Partner white paper to learn more.
View the full Site Selection article here.
- Site Selection